Mumbai Police on Friday said the force has been put on high alert after receiving a threat message warning of bomb explosions across the city on Anant Chaturdashi, September 6.
The message, sent to the official WhatsApp number of the traffic police, claimed that human bombs had been planted in 34 vehicles in Mumbai and that the city would be “shaken” after the blasts.
The sender identified themselves as “Lashkar-e-Jihadi” and alleged that 14 Pakistani terrorists had entered India. The threat also claimed that 400 kg of RDX would be detonated, potentially killing “1 crore people.”
A senior Mumbai police officer said the threat appears to be a hoax, but security has been heightened across the city.
Authorities are investigating the matter from all angles and have launched a search for the person behind the message, officials said.



